National Geographic was probably the last place I thought that I might find a post on sparking creativity, but when I googled it I came up with this post! So here are some comments on each thing listed in this post.
- Allow time for doing nothing. As crazy as this sounds, some of the best thinking I get done is when I’m doing nothing…or rather nothing that needs my attention it it. Every wonder why you get so much great thinking done in the shower? Your brain doesn’t need that much energy to clean yourself so it’s sent into a spin of great ideas!
- Get outside. Fresh air is always something that makes me feel more alive! By just stepping outdoors I get a literal breath of fresh air!
- Look around at what you can tweak. As much as inventing something new make you feel accomplished, finding a new way to do something old is even more satisfying sometimes! Actually this post was inspired by me double checking the hashtags I attached to some of my posts. Finding creative hashtags to add my posts gives new life to everything!
- Make time to play. Playing around, being “not serious” for a moment is another way to let your creative juices flow! So often moms have to be serious that the moments we get to let go are totally freeing in a 360 degree kind of way in our lives!
- Try, try again. Don’t give up if your first idea doesn’t seem like the outcome you wanted. Even multimillion dollar companies were rejected on Shark Tank and multiplatinum selling artists never made it to the finals of American Idol! Keep going…you’ll get there eventually!
- Don’t be afraid to think small. Your best idea might not save the world but it might save someone five minutes of precious time they could spend doing something more essential in their life!!!
I can’t tell you what your next great idea will be but I hope that this small list of items that I found at National Geographic will help you get where you want to go!
Wh￼at’s your favorite way to spark creativity?
Please let me know in the comments! If you have a blog post about this subject definitely post it in the comments! Share that spotlight!!!