I’m Patty Gordon, a 40+ year old school lunch lady married to a crane mechanic. Our days are anything but normal as he works “construction worker hours” and I take care of our two elementary school aged kids, Chihuahua Mr Biggs, Pitbull Cali, and French Bulldog MooMoo.
I recently started to answer a series called 38 Interesting Questions To Ask Your Mom Right Now. The questions come from an article I read with the same name.
You can find out more about me by reading the following posts:
- Question 1 & 2: NOT SURE IF THIS REALLY HAPPENED OR NOT
- Question 3 & 4: MAYBE WHEN MY KIDS GET OLDER.
- Question 5 & 6: I DON’T MIND THE CHATTING IT UP BUT CHANGING THE SCENERY WOULD BE NICE FROM TIME TO TIME.
- Question 7 &8: 10 STEPS LATER HE BROKE UP WITH ME
- Question 9 & 10: MY LITTLE COWORKERS/EMPLOYEES
- Question 11 & 12: SAME AGE THAT MY MOM HAD ME
- Question 13 & 14: I GUESS THAT’S COMMON WITH MILITARY KIDS
- Question 15 & 16: I’VE BEEN SO DISTANT IN THE PAST
- Question 17 & 18: THE KINDNESS OF STRANGERS GOT THEM THROUGH FEELING TOTALLY OUT OF PLACE
- Question 19 & 20: THEY COULD HAVE AT LEAST FAKED THEIR INTEREST
- Question 21 & 22: THERE WASN’T SOME BIG SIGN THAT SAID “GET MARRIED NOW”.
- Question 23 & 24: HEAVY ON THE SHOULDERS
- Question 25 & 26:
- Question 27 & 28:
- Question 29 & 30:
- Question 31 & 32:
- Question 33 & 34:
- Question 35 & 36:
- Question 37 & 38:
I blogged a few years ago under different names but have landed with the 365MomMe name this time around.
The term 365MomMe comes from the idea that I’m a mom and I’m me 365 days a year. Kids call me Mommy but I see myself as MomMe. I guess I could have squished wife in there too but 365MomMe has a better ring to it than 365WifeMomMe.
I’ve learned over the years that for me the world can be organized into four main categories:
Coffee. Life. Sports. Wine.
Pretty much everything in my life falls into one of those groups. If not I probably don’t have time for it.
Some suggested that I write a hero story in this all about me page but I’m no hero. I get up in the morning and do what I’m supposed to do to take care of my family. I have success and I have failure. My aim is that what I share online will help someone out there be a better mom or at least realize that we are all struggling with this job title and no one is completely perfect at it.
Out of all the difficulties and challenges in becoming a wife and mother, one thing is universally true: you’re never done.Unknown
Find me on social media using the name @365MomMe.