If only you could get away with this answer for everything.
My son was only four of the time he gave this answer. He had no idea at that point of personal responsibility, but the post that I found in my timehop app today can start a great discussion on Personal Responsibility.
I found a post with good ways to take personal Responsibility in your life:
1. Take responsibility for your thoughts, feelings, words and actions.
2. Stop blaming.
3. Stop complaining
4. Refuse to take anything personal.
5. Make yourself happy.
6. Live in the present moment.
7. Use the power of intention.
8. Feel calm and confident.
9. Look for the good in people.
If any of these things spark your interest, you can read further by visiting: 9 Ways to Take Responsibility for Your Life — Replace blaming and complaining with acts of intention.
Takeway…don’t blame it on the raccoon!