I loved the idea of answering these questions at the beginning, but all of a sudden 38 Interesting Questions To Ask Your Mom Right Now seems like such a big number!
Anyway… here are more of my answers:
- NOT SURE IF THIS REALLY HAPPENED OR NOT
- MAYBE WHEN MY KIDS GET OLDER.
- I DON’T MIND THE CHATTING IT UP BUT CHANGING THE SCENERY WOULD BE NICE FROM TIME TO TIME.
- 10 STEPS LATER HE BROKE UP WITH ME
- MY LITTLE COWORKERS/EMPLOYEES
- SAME AGE THAT MY MOM HAD ME
- I GUESS THAT’S COMMON WITH MILITARY KIDS
- I’VE BEEN SO DISTANT IN THE PAST
- THE KINDNESS OF STRANGERS GOT THEM THROUGH FEELING TOTALLY OUT OF PLACE
- THEY COULD HAVE AT LEAST FAKED THEIR INTEREST
- THERE WASN’T SOME BIG SIGN THAT SAID “GET MARRIED NOW”.
- HEAVY ON THE SHOULDERS
- IT WAS A NICE LITTLE CEREMONY
27. What’s your favorite photo of yourself? Of our family?
One of my favorite photos recently of me was the one that is on the About This MomMe section. I’m not too critical of taking pictures, but lately the shape of my chin and neck has been causing me to want to lose weight. Funny how a single body part can totally change your mind about yourself.
My favorite picture of our whole family was the one we took when my now almost 8 year old was 2. It was the last professional set of photographs we had done and its perfect. There are great ones with hubby and the kids, but as with most moms, I’m the one taking the pictures so I’m not usually in them. I tried to take a picture of our family on a timer last weekend and my husband suddenly got embarrassed since we were at the golf course and made a face that ruined the picture. It’s a sad state of life when that happens.
28. What was the first year of motherhood like for you?
The first year felt like a hundred years long. I remember the first night of getting up to take care of my daughter and both my husband and I lost our minds. I totally remember yelling at him in tears, “Just think, we have months more just like this!”
The idea that we had no experience with this was what made it seem so long. Once my son came around it wasn’t easier, but I at least knew what to expect.
Most recently we’ve gotten a puppy who seems to be up a lot at night. It’s almost a repeat exactly of what happened with our kids. Amazing how things haven’t changed.
It told me a lot about my husband though. He’s not very friendly when he loses out on sleep. He was off on leave for the birth of our daughter, but somehow his sleep seemed to be a more precious commodity than mine. Ten years later on vacation days he sleeps in until 8am which is 5 hours later than his normal wake up time. I sleep in until 8am and it’s only an hour or so extra sleep and somehow he wonders why I’m not fully rested!
Where is sleep on your priority list? I’m sure as a mom or a dad or even someone who doesn’t have kids, it’s pretty high up there. Comment on this post and tell me about it!