Parenting is tough work. We all feel like we are failing at some point or another. At least though we can say ( or I hope we can say) we never did these things to our kids…
The Worst (and Weirdest) Parenting Advice From Every Decade Since the 1900s From infant lard baths and boric acid nipple treatments, we’ve come a long way as mothers.
- 1900S: USE ACID AS NIPPLE CLEANSER
- 1910S: A HELD BABY IS A SPOILED BABY
- 1920S: IGNORING YOUR CHILD IS THE WAY TO BUILD GOOD, STRONG CHARACTER
- 1930S: PUT YOUR BABY IN A CAGE
- 1940S: STOP CODDLING BOYS
- 1950S: BATHE YOUR BABY THREE TIMES A DAY
- 1960S: START SOLID FOODS AT 2 DAYS OLD
- 1970S: SEND YOUR DAUGHTER TO CHARM SCHOOL
- 1980S: BABIES SLEEP BEST ON THEIR STOMACHS
- 1990’S: TIME OUTS SHOULD BE SUPER LONG
- 2000S: BEAT YOUR BABY WITH A RUBBER HOSE
- 2010S: ONLY SICKOS KISS THEIR KID ON THE LIPS
What is the worst parenting advice you’ve ever heard?